Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Tip on Freezing Bacon


My husband and I love bacon, but we only seem to eat it on the weekends for breakfast or for the occasional BLT for dinner.  I usually buy a 1 1/2 lb. package of bacon, and it doesn't take it long to go bad once it's opened.  So I found a handy way to freeze it.

Roll up each piece of bacon (like a pinwheel) and put them on a cookie sheet.  Put the cookie sheet in the freezer, then once the bacon is frozen, put it in a resealable plastic freezer bag.  That way you can grab however many pieces you need out of the bag, defrost them in the microwave and you're good to go.

Oh, and don't forget to label your bag with the date. According to www.foodsafety.gov, bacon only last 1 month in the freezer, but I've kept it twice as long as that and it was perfectly fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment