Friday, August 3, 2012

Baked Dijon Salmon

Up until a few years ago, I rarely ate fish because I didn't like the fishy taste you sometimes get.  This was the very first salmon recipe I tried, and I've been hooked (no pun intended) on fish ever since.  The pecan and bread crumb topping gives the fish a nice crunch.  I served this with Southern Green Beans and Garlic Bread.

Baked Dijon Salmon
Adapted from this recipe on Allrecipes.com

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 3/4 tbsp. honey
  • 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 4 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
  • 4 (4 oz.) salmon filets
  • salt & pepper

Directions:
  1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, mustard and honey.  Set aside.
  3. In another bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, pecans and parsley.
  4. Brush each salmon filet with the honey mustard mixture and sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top.
  5. Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.  Season with salt and pepper.

Notes & Suggestions:

The first thing I usually do is season the fish.  Otherwise, it will be bland.  I like to use either Old Bay or Tony's.  
Also, I like to use Panko bread crumbs because it really makes the topping nice and crunchy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment